Top 10 Tips To Enhance Your Daily Routine
1. Before bed, fill a mason jar, pitcher, or other kind of container with filtered water, lemon juice, and mint leaves and place it in the refrigerator. When you wake up the next morning, you will have a cool, refreshing beverage to help you hydrate and detoxify after a long night’s sleep.
2. Drink half of your body weight in ounces of filtered/spring water each day! Use a straw to consume it throughout the day to make it go down quicker!
3. Eat more than five servings of fruits and vegetables.
4. Eat fruit and vegetables at the start of your meal. Eating quicker-to-digest foods first aids in digestion.
5. Schedule time to move within your workday if you have a 9am-5pm-type job. For instance, take a walk each day for 20 or more minutes - this could even happen during your lunchtime.
6. Studies have shown an increased health risk for those who sit long periods of time throughout the day. Need to do work on a surface? Sit on an exercise ball as a chair, create a standing desk or put your work on a clipboard to become more mobile.
7. When in need of a sweetener, try sweetening with coconut sugar, stevia, maple syrup, or raw honey instead of refined sugar.
8. Turn off all electronic screens an hour before bedtime. Studies have recently shown that for some, LED screens kept individuals from falling asleep. If you must use the computer, try an app called “Flux” that changes the tint of your computer screen (https://justgetflux.com/) based on the time of day. The app uses a gentle yellow-based light instead of blue t